Published by She Writes Press on September 15, 2020
What I'm Saying
- Being Second Doesn't Mean Second Best
- Shine Until Tomorrow
- Nine Tenths of the Law
- Her Dark Lies
- The Books I Read in 2020
What's Not True - A Novel
With the court date set for her divorce and the future she’d planned with a younger man presumably kaput, Kassie O’Callaghan shifts attention to reviving her stalled marketing career. But that goal gets complicated when she unexpectedly rendezvous with her former lover in Paris. After a chance meeting with a colleague and a stroll along Pont Neuf, Kassie receives two compelling proposals. Can she accept them both?
Kassie’s decision process screeches to a halt when her soon-to-be ex-husband has a heart attack, forcing her to fly home to Boston. There, she confronts his conniving and deceitful fiancée—a woman who wants not just a ring on her finger but everything that belongs to Kassie. In the ensuing battle to protect what’s legally and rightfully hers, Kassie discovers that sometimes it’s what’s not true that can set you free.
Readers' Favorite 5-star reviews include this early praise:
- "Exquisite prose...dialogues that feel real and sharp..."
- "Drama is strong...one of the ingredients that elevates the entertaining quality of this novel."
- "Readers will find themselves enthralled by the sheer psychological depth of the story."
- "Emotionally moving with characters that are realistic and genuinely flawed."
- "A tale of love, lust, and betrayal...an absorbing read from start to finish."